Pursuing Armstrong’s Mission Statement requires that we act as “passionate team members working together to deliver excellence in… safety.”
The success of Armstrong’s approach to safety is evidenced by our uninterrupted coverage by a single insurance carrier since 1957. In addition to our in-house Safety Department, we have an Agency Safety Representative at each agency who reports directly to his/her agency President. The six-component Safety Management Cycle of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration provides the framework for continuous improvement.
Our Agency Safety Representatives prepare and execute an annual Safety Action Plan. This plan is used to document satisfaction of and continuous improvement in key safety performance metrics. Metrics are derived from Department of Transportation and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations, van line mandates, and our own procedures, controls and policies. Maintaining a lower-than-industry Experience Modification Rate is a key result.
Agency Safety Representatives earn certification through participation in a Safety Planning Workshop and successful completion of six online courses. Certification modules include driver qualifications, vehicle inspections, pre-trip checklists, maintenance logs, hours of service compliance and overall Safety Performance Rating. Armstrong’s Safety Department, our insurer, outside consultants and UniGroup’s Safety Department conduct training and coaching.
We provide safety training meeting curriculum to our Agency Safety Representatives for weekly use with operations personnel. Additionally, they conduct recurring driver review sessions and perform frequent site visit audits on jobs-in-process.
- "I’m very impressed with support and friendliness throughout the process. No damage to my household items. All and all a good experience!"
D.U., June 2015
- "Our coordinator from Armstrong-New Orleans deserves a huge applause. She handled our move from day one with the utmost care. She was readily available to answer all my calls, answered appropriately and was very receptive to my requests all through this process. She went out of her way to make this move a wonderful experience for us. She is the most important reason I will be coming back to United for all my future moving needs. Thank you, Meredith!"
S.T., July 2015
- "I was happy with all who worked on our move. Everyone was very polite, respectful and nice."
B.C., July 2015
- "Professional and efficient. Thank you for a great move!"
K.P., June 2015
- "Excellent customer service and communication. Everyone was great to work with!"
U.B., June 2015