Search Available Positions
INDEPENDENT OWNER OPERATOR
Description: Armstrong is the largest booker and hauler of household goods for United Van Lines—the largest van line in the moving and storage industry. Independent Owner Operators receive personalized interstate dispatching to guarantee maximum revenue potential. In addition to over-the-road transportation, additional responsibilities include on-site leadership of packing, inventorying, padding, loading, transportation, unloading and unpacking. Learn why Independent Owner Operators enjoy driving for Armstrong.
Requirements: All applicants must have:
- Class A CDL with clean MVR
- Household goods unloading and loading moving experience
- Clean drug screening and background check
- Desire and drive to deliver a quality customer experience
Benefits: Independent Owner Operators are eligible for the following:
- Quality labor and van operator skills training
- Competitive compensation
- Performance-based incentives
- Medical benefits
Please submit your cover letter and resume to NewOrleansHR@goarmstrong.com. All applications are considered active for six months.
- "I’m very impressed with support and friendliness throughout the process. No damage to my household items. All and all a good experience!"
D.U., June 2015
- "Our coordinator from Armstrong-New Orleans deserves a huge applause. She handled our move from day one with the utmost care. She was readily available to answer all my calls, answered appropriately and was very receptive to my requests all through this process. She went out of her way to make this move a wonderful experience for us. She is the most important reason I will be coming back to United for all my future moving needs. Thank you, Meredith!"
S.T., July 2015
- "I was happy with all who worked on our move. Everyone was very polite, respectful and nice."
B.C., July 2015
- "Professional and efficient. Thank you for a great move!"
K.P., June 2015
- "Excellent customer service and communication. Everyone was great to work with!"
U.B., June 2015