By providing supply chain reliability, Armstrong demonstrates its Credo of “building trust.”
Three generations of continuity of ownership and operating philosophy have generated consistent, reasonable, annual profits each year since 1957. Armstrong’s foundation of fiscal continuity enables investments in functional continuity, resulting in supply chain reliability. Our disaster recovery objectives are to protect human assets, protect informational assets and provide for continuity of operations.
Armstrong employs technology and processes to minimize the impact of a disaster and provide for timely recovery within our existing headquarters facility in Memphis, Tenn. In the event this is not possible, Armstrong operates a redundant data center in Dallas, Texas, enabling any service outage to be restored within two hours.
Additionally, UniGroup has a similar contingency plan to support Armstrong and all agents of United Van Lines and Mayflower Transit.
Should technology or software fail, Armstrong can revert to manual processes. While such an action would impair efficiencies, it could be done until no longer necessary.
Armstrong has contingency plans to resume operations at other locations should such action become necessary. These plans are maintained and tested on a frequent basis.
In the event of a business disruption or disaster that impairs or destroys our physical operating locations, Armstrong has contracted an outsourced supplier to provide all key elements needed to restore operations quickly, anywhere across North America. Elements provided include: temporary mobile or commercial office space; power generation; computer systems and equipment; and phone and Internet communication.
- "I’m very impressed with support and friendliness throughout the process. No damage to my household items. All and all a good experience!"
D.U., June 2015
- "Our coordinator from Armstrong-New Orleans deserves a huge applause. She handled our move from day one with the utmost care. She was readily available to answer all my calls, answered appropriately and was very receptive to my requests all through this process. She went out of her way to make this move a wonderful experience for us. She is the most important reason I will be coming back to United for all my future moving needs. Thank you, Meredith!"
S.T., July 2015
- "I was happy with all who worked on our move. Everyone was very polite, respectful and nice."
B.C., July 2015
- "Professional and efficient. Thank you for a great move!"
K.P., June 2015
- "Excellent customer service and communication. Everyone was great to work with!"
U.B., June 2015